Sunday, November 9, 2008

Get Up and Go be PROACTIVE!!


My classmates and I are reading The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. When we were first assigned to read this book, I thought What does this have to do with anything? Then I began reading, and my whole point of view changed. Sean really knows how to write to the heart.
The #1 Habit is entitled "Be Proactive! - I am the force!" Sean uses this example: "Reactive people make choices based on impulse. They are like a can of soda pop. If life shakes them up a bit, the pressure builds and they suddenly explode." This chapter is about not be reactive to certain things. Say your little brother snuck into your room and read your diary. Although not reacting is tough, the proactive response is to not let that one little incident ruin your whole day.
I really learned from this chapter. My mom has told me quite often, "Don't let that put a damper on things!" I am now understanding why it is important to be PROACTIVE. If I learn to let accidents slide, then I will be able to concentrate on what really matters. So Get Up! Get Set! And Be Proactive!

No comments: